Mimecast Email Security
Email Security That Protects Your Organization What you do is important - Secure your email
Protect your organization from spam, malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks.
Mimecast email security safeguards employee communication and reduces risk with targeted threat protection, data leak prevention, and enforced email security controls. Office 365 requires an added layer of protection. More than 17,000 Office 365 customers worldwide rely on Mimecast for pervasive email security across three distinct zones: at the email perimeter, inside the network and the organization, and beyond the perimeter.
Mass phishing and spear-phishing campaigns sometimes share similar objectives, such as harvesting credentials with a link to a phishing site. Spear-phishing emails are the result of research into intended targets. They are designed to appeal to the recipients by carrying a message that will resonate with them and coerce them into performing an action.
An Email Security 3.0 strategy protects from these attacks in all three zones:
- Targeted Attack Protection is deployed both at your email perimeter and inside it.
- Awareness Training reduces the risk posed by human error inside your organization.
- Brand Exploit Protect neutralizes brand imitation on the web, beyond your perimeter.
Impersonation tactics are often deployed in spear-phishing emails. They spoof the sender and/or sending domain to impersonate your executives, staff, business partners, and well-known internet brands to fraudulently extract money or data from your unsuspecting users. As for spear-phishing, Mimecast offers solutions in all three zones to protect your organization, users and brand from impersonation attacks.
Internal email threats
Internal email threats can result from a compromised email account, a malicious employee or the unintended consequence of human error. And, no single email security control is 100% effective. Therefore, it is essential that internal emails are continuously monitored to detect threats that the gateway cannot detect, such as email account takeover, and new threats discovered post-delivery. Mimecast Internal Email Protect is deployed inside your email perimeter to detect, contain and automatically remediate threats, and your protection from internal cyber threats is completed with Mimecast Awareness training.
Ransomware protection needs to go beyond detecting and blocking an initial malware infection at the email perimeter. Malware can enter your organization by other means, and cyber attacks often use the web channel to contact command and control servers and download the encryption keys necessary to complete the cyber attack.
Mimecast email security services deliver advanced ransomware protection:
- Email Security can block the initial ransomware at your perimeter.
- Internal Email Protect can detect and remediate malicious emails on your email platform.
- Mimecast Awareness Training educates your users not to click on a suspicious attachment that might launch ransomware.
- If a ransomware-infected file is executed, solutions to combat the ransomware problem extend to Mimecast Web Security, that can block outbound connections to command and control servers and prevent the cyber attack from completing.